Wednesday 7 June 2017

How to motivate yourself to exercise in the morning

It can be tough fitting exercise into your regime, especially when you're a parent.  A great time to try is in the morning.


But lying in bed, it's comfy... I know, it's tricky to drag yourself out so I thought I'd give you a few motivations.


It's cooler in the mornings

British summers can be a bit hit and miss but even on a cloudy day, evening temperatures are much higher than the morning and when you're exercising it's one of the few times I don't mind the weather being chilly.

You're done for the day

Exercising in the morning may need you to give yourself a little kick but once you're done, you're done.  As you come home in the evening, you can think about the Netflix boxset you have lined up rather than the boxfit you need to do.

It gives you a spring in your step for the rest of the day

Bizarrely I always find early morning workouts give me more energy not less.  I'm not sure why this is but it definitely gives me a work energy and enthusiasm boost.

Bragging rights

What's even better is you can be smug on social media and at work that you've already done your workout for the day.  We all like being smug deep down!

You time

In my view, all exercise is you time but as someone who is naturally more of an early bird than an owl, it means I'm up and at it before the house wakes.  The thinking time is valuable.

Mornings are beautiful

The light you get in the morning out running is fantastic.  Often even on a day which ends up as a bit of a scorcher you will have light mist around and fewer people.

Why not give an early morning work out a try and let me know how you get on?

I've linked this up to the healthy, happy, green and natural party hop.


It's Party Time! Healthy, Happy, Green and Natural Party Blog Hop #147

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.