Friday 19 May 2017

Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese

This past week I've been full of cold and generally off my food.  All I've been eating is anything with loads of spices to try and shift the bunged feeling.  Today, at last, I'm starting to feel better but the weather for the year is still cold and miserable so I put together this dish of lovely summery roasted vegetables.


My herbs are looking fabulous right now with all the wet weather this week and it helped cut through the lingering dullness from my snotty nose.

I mean, look at that?  How you can still feel anything but summery and healthy when that was your lunch?


Roast Vegetables with Feta Cheese - Serves 1

Ingredients

Half red onion
1 bell pepper, red, orange or yellow (or a combination)
5 cloves garlic
1 large tomato
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
100g, 3.5oz Greek feta cheese
Few sprigs thyme and rosemary
Seasoning

Method

Preheat the oven to 200oC, 400F, Gas Mark 6.

Cut the onion into petals and cut up the pepper into large chunks.  Break up the garlic but leave the cloves whole.  Toss with a tsp of oil then put on a baking tray.  Add the tomato, cut into chunks, the herbs and chunks of feta.  Drizzle with the remaining oil, season and roast for approx 30 minutes or until the vegetables and feta are soft and browned.


Either take out the garlic to serve (it will have imparted a subtle flavour to the vegetables) or push out the now soft, sweet garlic flesh to have with the vegetables and feta.

I've linked up to Anyonita Nibbles Free From Friday.

4 comments:

  1. This looks really tasty! I love peppers in particular. #5frugalthings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and they go so sweet and delicious when grilled or roasted :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that combination sounds amazing!

    Thanks for joining in with the #5frugalthings linky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the veggies go so deliciously sweet which is great with the salty feta. :-D

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.