Tuesday 14 March 2017

Day 7 of 10 a day

7 days.  I swing between feeling this is an easy challenge and a really difficult one.



Breakfast

After longing for my fruit filled breakfast yesterday, I really wanted toast this morning.  I'd bought some lovely sourdough bread for my partner and although I enjoy my breakfast bowls, sourdough toast is what I really wanted.

I resisted though and had a breakfast bowl with 80g each of strawberries, grapes and blueberries.  3 portions already.

Still wanted toast though.

Lunch

For lunch my son and I had a gammon joint with cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and green beans.  I've now got loads of leftovers in my fridge ready for quick and easy work lunches and another 3 of my 10 a day at lunchtime making it a mighty 6 already.

Snack

A handful of raisins took me up another portion of fruits and vegetables.

Dinner

I had leftover slow cooked pork with cucumber, sugar snap peas and some bell pepper to take it to three portions.

All in all I'm getting there.

So what I've had today:

Breakfast - 3 portions
Lunch - 3 portions
Snack - 1 portion
Dinner - 3 portions
Total - 10 portions (4 fruit, 6 vegetables)

I hope you will join me in my journey, I will keep you posted by the day on how it's going and put links below so you can read more about my experience:

Day 1 of 10 a day
Day 2 of 10 a day
Day 3 of 10 a day
Day 4 of 10 a day
Day 5 of 10 a day
Day 6 of 10 a day
Day 7 of 10 a day
Day 8 of 10 a day
Day 9 of 10 a day
Day 10 of 10 a day
10 a day, what did I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.