Thursday 3 November 2016

What's in season in November?

I can't believe it's November already!  Where has the year gone?  At the start of November, you can just about convince yourself it's still autumn, by the end we could be into the first hard frosts or even snow and thoughts start to turn to Christmas preparations.



November is perfect for root vegetables and parsnips are first on my list.


I only ever had parsnips roasted as a child and they are great, especially if you cook them like I do to perfectly browned sweetness.


But you may never have tried parsnip mash which is delicious and a bit different to always having mashed potato.

Pumpkins aren't just for Hallowe'en either.  Why not try your pumpkin stuffed?


My last one for this month is the pomegranate,  Obviously not native but a middle eastern fruit which is great in salads.  The tart sweetness is like a natural salad dressing.  Why not try it in lamb and feta cheese salad?


Or try a jewelled quinoa salad?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.