Saturday 27 June 2015

Serrano ham wrapped prawns

I had some lovely serrano ham in the fridge, prawns in the freezer and it got me to thinking of how I could marry the two to come up with a lovely tapas style dish.



Ham wrapped prawns - makes 12

Ingredients

12 raw prawns, defrosted if frozen
3-4 slices of serrano ham*

Method

Preheat the oven to 220oC, 450F, Gas Mark 7.

Cut the ham into enough pieces to wrap each prawn.   Wrap the raw prawns and secure each with a cocktail stick or small skewer.

Bake in the preheated oven for approx 8 minutes or until cooked through.  Serve with a chilled glass of wine!

*If you don't have serrano ham, use another cured "raw" ham like parma ham, black forest ham etc.

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.



Link up your recipe of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.