Tuesday 24 March 2015

Fig and Feta Salad

The second day of my meat free week has been much better than day 1 and my lunch of Fig and Feta salad was the highlight.

I was wrong when I said yesterday that vegetarian food is difficult, actually it's perfectly simple and follows the same ideas as meat and fish cookery; buy good produce and put it together with love.




Fig and Feta Salad - Serves 1

Ingredients

2 large handfuls of rocket (arugula)
2 figs
60g, 2oz Feta cheese (or similar)
Balsamic vinegar to serve

Method

Cut the figs into quarters arrange on the rocket and crumble the feta on top.


Drizzle with balsamic vinegar just before serving.  Use a decent balsamic vinegar you would happily have a spoonful of on it's own.  It's worth it.



Absolutely simple and absolutely stunning.

I have a tomato and brie tart cooking in the oven right now and I can tell you, vegetarian or not, I'm feeling good about the world!

I've linked this up to recipe of the week.


Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this, it is perfect for Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me feel really happy to be opening a box of this at work I can tell you!

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious. I love the sweetness of figs with the saltiness of feta. I saw your link on Carole's Chatter.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you, however, any comments added containing links to other sites will be removed.

This blog is my intellectual property. Please don't copy content or photos without permission.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.